11 stunning Kitenge styles to help upgrade your wardrobe
African prints for the win
How else do you plan on paying homage to your African roots? Plus, African print clothes come in handy when you need to stand out say at an important occasion, such as a wedding, gala event or even a red carpet event. Kitenge or Ankara fabrics are a must have cause you can turn them into pretty much any outfit you wish, of course with help of a badass tailor. Gone are the days when the only Kitenge styles we knew were a matching skirt and top. Now, you can have your piece of fabric turned into a modern design such as a Kitenge shift dress, body con dress, cropped top or a matching two piece set. Literally, whatever tickles your fancy.
Here are some cute and edgy Kitenge styles to help upgrade your wardrobe.
1. An exquisite gown that you can wear to an important occassion.
2. A Kitenge jumpsuit for when you need to look effortlessly cute say at a social event or brunch with the boo.
3. A stylish yet modest skater dress that you can wear to a wedding.
4. A two piece outfit as separates.
5. Or a matching two piece outfit if that's your preference.
6. A sexy crop top or bralette that you can pair with anything.
7. A sexy shift dress that you can wear with a carefully selected pair of heels or boots on a night out or upscale event.
8. Something that ties in with the current trends,
be it a bomber jacket, culotte pants, or even a cold shoulder top.
9. If you're not keen on prints, you could go for a plain design with a wee bit of prints.
10. Something head turning for a night out.
11. A stylish Kitenge maxi dress that you can wear to church or meeting the in-laws.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: