Ditch your leather belt for the so on trend rope belt (Photos)
We are saying yes to this trend
Rope belts are a cool way to add edge to an outfit or give it a bohemian feel. Rope belts are unisex and can be worn on pants or even over a summery dress. The nautical-inspired belt has infinite styling possibilities, making it a necessary wardrobe staple. As with many fashion trends, if you do not have one, you can always DIY and in this case, you could use a lengthy shoe string or make a belt from a rope (the clothes hanging line kind) by cutting up a white twisted rope and burning the edges a little bit.
This year, statement belts have been huge, such as Virgil Abloh's Off-White industrial belt which is still in vogue at the moment. Even though the rope belt trend has been there for a while, it's one of those perennial trends that never really go out of style. If you're one to love standing out, ditch the leather belt and go for a rope or string belt for your casual weekend looks. You could either tie it in the middle or a little off to the side and hey, length-wise, feel free to have it either super long or a tie it into a bow. And, no, you will not look like a monk or priest, suffice to say, it's actually a really edgy accessory and it's oh so 2018. Don't believe us? Check out some of these looks that will inspire you to get yourself a rope belt.
1. The rope belt is perfect when you're going for a casual weekend look.
2. Like this shorts and shirt look that would be perfect for a pool party.
3. Add a string belt to give your look a hippie-bohemian touch.
4. I love the fact that when it comes to rope belts there are no rule books. You're literally free to style them as you wish.
5. Love how this fashionista added a rope belt over her blazer for an unexpected flair.
6. Super stylish, super casual, super edgy, plus, you and bae can share!
7. Hey, you can wear your rope belt over official dresses too just make sure that the belt length is not too long and the end look doesn't come off as too grunge.
8. If you like standout garments, then rope belts are a surefire way to turn heads, of course, in a good way.
Like how this lady styled her boyfriend shirt with a string belt.
9. If you love a pop of color, you can go for colorful belts for a vibrant look.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: