The 25th edition of Koroga Festival went down this past weekend at Leisure Garden’s, Mamba Village.
Faces and highlights from Koroga Festival (Photos)
It was lit
The two-day event dubbed the ladies edition had an impressive artiste line up on Sunday, consisting of Phy, Fena Gitu and French Nigerian artiste, Asa, who is well known for her hit songs ‘jailer’ and ‘fire on the mountain’. Phy and Fena did a great job of entertaining the crowd and Asa’s set was the event’s cherry on top. Asa not only displayed her impeccable and unparalleled vocal ability but also her outstanding stage command. She gave it all, performing a significant number of some of her songs and even played the guitar and trumpet. Her performance was filled with emotions, so much so that not only did she cry at one point, but also made some of her fans shed a tear or two – tears of happiness of course. Her personality was in full display when, in between her performance, she stopped to showcase her ‘Swahili’ speaking skills, giving us the “Niaje? Mko poa?” basics, to which the crowd happily responded to accordingly.
Overall, this time round, the event had more vendors, encompassing different food and drink vendors, clothes and even a kids play section. Revelers also got free rides to and from the event after downloading the Swivel app and what better way to give people value for their money than with free rides?
Have a look at some of the looks spotted at the event.
1. What a hottie.
2. Selfie time.
3. Who knew that Ankara umbrellas are a thing? Also, we love the matchy matchy looks.
4. An appreciation of South African culture.
5. Capital FM's Kui was in a bold fringed Ankara fit.
6. This gent must have been really hot in that sweater but mustard sure does look great on him.
7. Kaz was pretty in an Ankara off shoulder top paired with distressed jeans.
8. How cute is this look though?
9. Sis was totally slaying in her layered mullet Ankara skirt.
10. Oh hey there Maasai man?
11. We are totes digging that haircut.
12. Berets are for the cold season though! Still, cute look.
13. Understated yet stylish look of a simple Ankara top and shorts.
14. Looks like statement tees are here to stay.
15. Some positive vibes from this squad.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: