Its no secret that every woman needs a classic little black dress in her closet.
An LBD (little black dress) is a must-have wardrobe possession. It's important to have one as it's pretty versatile and can be worn to many different ccassions. You need to go on a dinner date? Party the night away? Attend an upscale event? An all black birthday or wedding party? LBD to the rescue. While this is one of the safest options for those days when you're in doubt, it can get a little bit boring especially if you style your dress the same old way. LBDs come in different styles and designs and they're like a plain canvas in the sense, you can style them in a plethora of ways. I always say that when it comes to fashion, there are no rule books. If you're tired of wearing your cute black dress the same old boring way with heels and a clutch, here's how you can switch up things a little bit and style your dress differently.
1. Add a belt.
Depending on the silhouette of your dress, adding a belt can totally level up your whole look. You could either go for a skinny belt, or even a chunky one, again, depending on whether or not the style of the dress allows you to belt it up as not all dresses can be belted up.
2. Wear a t-shirt over it and knot it up.
Pair this look with sneakers and a tote bag for a casual weekend look.
3. Throw over a denim shirt/denim/biker or even a utility jacket for that casual chic weekend look.
You could pair this look with block heels or sneakers.
4. Sometimes, all you need to take the look to the next level is an eye catching statement accessory.
If you're styling your LBD for a night out look, you could consider wearing pantyhose especially if it's a cold night out and complete the look with a sexy stiletto.
5. For a day at the office or a meeting, pair your dress with a trendy cashmere trench, or blazer for a more dressed up sophisticated look.
6. For cold weather style, complete the look with sexy thigh-high boots, if the design of the dress allows.
ALSO READ: 11 fashion choices by women that men hate