10 style inspirations to help you slay while pregnant (Photos)
Pregnancy slay 101
I particularly love to see a woman feel sexy when pregnant because, that can be a very difficult time. Many women struggle with accepting the body changes that are brought about by pregnancy and hey, if a certain outfit can make you feel sexy and beautiful, by all means, rock it.
The key to nailing pregnancy style is ensuring that as much as you want to slay, you're not compromising on your comfort. Your outfits need to be comfortable and most importantly, you need to ensure that you're wearing shoes that give you walking power. You don't wanna fall while wearing heels and put yourself at a risk of a miscarriage, for instance. While you can still wear most of your every day outfits during the first trimester, with time, you will need to buy clothes that can accommodate the growing bump such as maternity jeans. Now, without blabbering on, allow us to show you how you can get your pregnancy slay on and still look stylish and sexy while preggers:
1. A casual street style perfect for the weekend or uni.
You can wear your slip dress with sneakers and tie a shirt or jacket on your waist for an edgy grunge look.
2. If you need to attend an upscale event or wedding, glam up in an elegant figure hugging dress paired with comfy wedges or block heels.
3. In the first trimester, you can still rock your usual clothes.
I love this ensemble of leggings, an oversized shirt and a biker jacket thrown over the shoulders.
4. Get fun and cute customized statement tees with pregnancy quotes for a fun pregnancy look.
5. Comfy leggings are a must have as they're stretchy and unlimiting.
We love how this lady added a sleeveless duster coat to complete the look.
6. Dress shirts are every fashion-forward pregnant woman's best friend.
Comfy, airy and can be styled in many ways and with pretty much any type of shoe; from sock boots to flats, sneakers to heels, thigh-high boots, name it.
7. A shift dress will also come in handy in the first and second trimester.
Flirty, stylish and just like the dress shirt, can be paired in a plethora of ways.
8. Of course, the list is incomplete without the good old jumpsuit.
For the jumpsuit though, in my opinion, it will not be the go-to when the bump is too large; perhaps best for the first trimester.
9. Yes to showing off your silhouette in form-fitting dresses cause hiding the baby bump is so 1990.
10. Play around with items and accessories in your closet to add some flair to the look and don't forget hair and makeup plays a huge part in bringing the whole look to life.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: