These ones didn't come to play, only to slay
The event sparked an online debate after announcing a change of venue from Carnivore Grounds to Two Rivers Mall which people thought was too far. Nevertheless, it was a success as Kenyans still showed up for an afternoon of food, music and fashion. On Saturday, fans were entertained by heartthrobs Otile Brown and Kagwe Mungai while on Sunday, entertainment was by Tetu Shani who had an incredible set with Mayonde making an appearance, South Africa's Micasa of popular hit song "Jika" and the main act, Werrason, who brought the house down.
While many people felt that the event lived up to its hype, a section of party goers took to Twitter to complain about the lack of network at the event and the mud situation. But let's face it guys, the event organizers told people to dress for the weather countless times. As for the network, that happens with every big event. Others were of the opinion that the event felt less busy than before because the Two Rivers space is much bigger than Carnivore thus giving it an "empty feel".
As with every local social event, Nairobi fashion enthusiasts did indeed get the dress for the occasion memo.
Here are some of the best looks from Koroga Festival, the 22nd edition:
1. Painting the festival red in a stylish jumpsuit and a designer cross body bag.
2. This trio was repping their country in rather interesting looks.
3. Of stylish BFFs.
4. We love this gent's understated yet trendy look. The choice of white shoes though? Hashtag, WHY!
5. What's with the white shoes for a potentially muddy event? Anyway, this gent accessorized pretty well, no?
6. Free fashion advice; when in doubt, fish out an African print clothing item for a social event. It's always safe!
7. This lady kept it simple yet stylish in a cowl neck top paired with skinny jeans and booties.
Her beaded braids were the cherry on top though.
8. Denim on denim with a twist. Yes mama! Approved!
9. Boho chic in a double slit dress and comfy boots.
10. Dr. Ofweneke, we see you!
11. Okay how cute is this lady's look? All white with a dash of African print.
Can you spot the matching chocker? Now this is how you turn heads at a social event. Ladies, take notes!
12. Effortless and smart.
13. Ch ch check out those statement glasses.
14. Tetu Shani, we just want that Kimono please!
15. Eish, color burgundy might have been invented for Mayonde y'all.
Want to be featured in our style article next time? Do remember to use the Hashtag #KororgaFestival when posting photos.