Step into the long weekend in style
Weekend style pretty much depends on what you will be doing as the surroundings and activities matter. Like, you can’t go for paintball in heels…but regardless of what you will be up to, weekend style should always be about merging style and comfort. You can go casual chic during the day and then dress up for the night.
Lucky for us, we have local style aficionados to look up to for some style inspo. Even though these days fashion bloggers no longer really blog about style but rather share their looks via the gram, that still does it for us.
Here’s a couple of weekend style steals from local fashion IT girls:
1. The sun’s out, grab your t-shirt dress, style it with sneakers or stylish mules like Liz Madowo and you’re weekend ready.
2. Mom jeans or boyfriend jeans paired with a casual tank and slip ons is the ultimate weekend outfit.
Throw on a flowy kimono to add some flair like Nancie Mwai.
3. Spending your weekend at the mall or brunching with the girls? A shift dress to the rescue.
Accessorize with a turban or headscarf and complete the look with a trendy pair of sandals like Joy Kendi.
4. Bare your midriff in a co-ord set.
We love how Sharon Mwangi paired hers with comfy sneakers for a different look, which can pull a double duty from day to night if you swap the sneakers for heels.
5. Maxi dresses are oh so comfy, girly, airy and perfect for a hot afternoon be it for brunch, a pool party or even a day road trip.
Don’t forget to add an accessory and a popping lippie like Yvonne Obati.
6. Mini skirts are a weekend staple for any fashion forward lady.
Pair it with a statement tee and some flat mules or sandals like Silvia Njoki and you’re good to go.
7. If your weekend plans require a little bit of sophistication, grab your culotte pants, pair them with a casual top and block heels.
Straw bags are the new wave at the moment if you have one, opt for it like Anita Gaitho, to complete the look.
8. For a night out? A cute shift dress paired with a strappy heel and a cute clutch will do.
Ezil shows us how to! You just gotta be careful not to get any wine spills…
9. Got mommy duties this weekend?
Cropped casual pants paired with slip ons or cute flats and a stylish top is your go-to style.