Don’t you just hate it when ants keep coming to your kitchen or your house looking for food and you constantly have to wipe off the ant trail, only for them to come back again?
Well, first of all, you should avoid leaving sugary foods or drinks or even spills without cleaning them as this is what encourages the ants to come. There are some easy ways through which you can get rid of the ants in the kitchen or from your house, without splurging on pesticides. Here are some methods to erase the ants:
1. Mix equal parts of vinegar and water and spray the mixture on your kitchen surface or where the ants tend to visit.
ALSO READ: Genius uses of vinegar at home
2. Fill a spray bottle with one cupful of liquid hand soap and water, shake well and spray it directly on the ants.
3. Mix one cup of lemon juice with four cups warm water then use this after to wipe the surfaces where ants visit as well as the potential entry points.
4. Make use of some spices. Scatter some ground cinnamon around areas where the ants frequent. The cinnamon smell is effective in repelling ants. You can also try with black pepper.
5. Seal potential cracks that may be the entry points for the ants. If you know where the rest of the colony is, boil some water, add some vinegar or cayenne pepper and then pour it on the colony to dismember it.
6. Sprinkle some lemon juice regularly to the places where the ants are prone to visiting.
7. Peel a clove or two of fresh garlic and place them near the ants. They will immediately run away. If the ants return, replace the dried garlic with another set of fresh garlic cloves.