Time: 2 hours
How to bake cake for beginners
There are countless cake recipes; some are bread-like, some are rich and elaborate, and many are centuries old.
1. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
2. Pour cake mix, the 3 eggs, butter, and milk in a bowl.
3. Beat ingredients for about 4 minutes (Experts say it is advisable to stir the cake mix in one direction, in a folding fashion, when adding the flour because when you stir in the opposite direction, air bubbles will be trapped in your cake mix and your cake will have holes in it when done.)
4. Grease pan and use flour to prevent the cake from sticking when baked.
5. Pour batter into pan and place inside oven.
6. Set timer for 35-40 minutes to bake
7. Insert a toothpick into the cake to check if it is done. If the toothpick comes out with smears of the cake mix, then the cake is not done. If it comes out clean and dry, with only a smear of butter (oily look) then the cake is done.
8. Let it cool before icing it.
9. Use a spatula and get some icing and place it in the middle of the cake. Use the spatula to spread the icing evenly on the cake. For the sides get more icing and start icing till covered
10. Repeat step 8 to cover any crumbs that weren't covered before and to make it look better
Carbohydrate, fat, fiber and protein.
Cake is a form of sweet dessert that is typically baked. It is often served as a celebratory dish on ceremonial occasions, such as weddings, anniversaries, and birthdays.
ALSO READ: How to make your own cake
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: