Warning: Left-over rice could give you food poisoning
Left over fish or meat we get but left over rice?
Left over rice could give you food poisoning
Foods such as fish and meat definitely top the list but never good ol’ plain rice.
Well apparently left-over rice could actually cause food poisoning. How though? It tastes so good the next day especially when you have it with black tea.
It all has to do with the way that you store your rice after you first cook it.
Leaving rice sitting out under room temperature right after you cook it makes the spores grow into food poisoning causing bacteria.
The bacteria multiplies thus making you more prone to getting food poisoning from your left-overs.
It is advised to not leave your cooked rice out for more than one hour and to refrigerate as soon as possible after cooking.
There are also other ways to store your food to make sure that your food lasts longer.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: