Many like it not only for its tastiness but also because it’s a cheaper source of protein as compared to red meat.
How to make yummy matumbo like a pro
According to Chef Raphael
While preparing matumbo is quite easy, some people find it challenging or rather their final results is not what they wanted. Also, matumbo can disappoint you if you do not clean them properly. You will have to wash them thoroughly like three times to ensure you remove all the waste. Also, boil them under moderate heat to ensure they are completely soft. Boiling on high heat will make them tough.
ALSO READ: How to make delicious beef tumbukiza
Now check out this simple recipe from Chef Raphael:
1/2 kg Matumbo (Pre Boiled)
3-4 Garlic cloves(Sliced)
1 Green,1 Yellow,1 Red Colored Peppers-(Diced)
1 Large Tomatoes(Chopped Small)
2 Knorr Beef Cube
2 Tablespoonful Royco Mchuzi Mix
1. Make sure the matumbo is fully cooked before cutting into your desired shape and size.
2. In a suitable sufuria/pot, fry the onion and garlic until slightly brown.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook until soft adding little water if the mixture starts sticking to the surface.
4. Add the Knorr beef cubes and allow to melt for a few seconds before mixing into the tomato mix.
5. Add the peppers and cook for 1 minute, then the cooked matumbo which you should also mix into the mixture.
6. Add hot water and allow to simmer the food for 3 minutes.
7. Dissolve the Royco in cold water before pouring into the simmering stew. Cook for a further 2 minutes to allow the gravy to thicken.
Serve it hot with ugali, chapati, spaghetti, mukimo or rice. We hope you enjoy the meal.
Source: Facebook - Chef Raphael
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: