The brand-new cookbook is from popular keto-fluencer Julie Smith, of @ketomadesimple. Yes, it's a keto diet guide with a whole slew of recipes, of coursebut Smith's voice, personal story, and advice for how to make keto feel not so much like a "diet" makes this read a home run.
The cookbook: Keto Your Way (Victory Belt Publishing), out now.
The author: Julie Smith, the woman behind the fan-favorite Instagram blog @ketomadesimple . Her husband is also big into the keto diet (find him at @ketomadman )and they've got four adorable kiddos. Smith was feeling frustrated by weight gain, despite eating clean and working out five days a week. In 2017, she was diagnosed with PCOS ( polycystic ovary syndrome ) and started researching eating plans to help her combat the weight gain that the hormone disorder can cause . She's been doing keto since February 2017 and hasn't stopped since.
What you'll get: Not only will you have access to 140 of Smith's recipes, you'll also get lots of the advice that worked for her to eat more intuitively and mindfully, which has helped her not think of keto as a "diet" in the traditional sense. Another perk of Keto Your Way: Smith also takes into account in her book that lots of people need to work within a particular budget, something that, as a mother of four, she totally gets.
Try it before you buy it:
Cinnamon spice bread
Makes: One 8 by 4-inch loaf (9 servings) | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 32 minutes
- Cooking spray
- cup heavy whipping cream
- cup ( stick) butter or ghee, melted but not hot
- 3 large eggs
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- cup granulated sweetener
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Cream cheese frosting for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 8 by 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and sweetener until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to the wet mixture. Whisk again until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 28 to 32 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Serve with butter or let cool completely and then top with cream cheese frosting, if desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator or simply cover and keep on the counter for up to 4 days. We love ours reheated in the microwave and topped with butter.
Per serving: 193 calories, 18 g fat, 2 g carbs (1 g net carbs), 2 g fiber, 6 g protein
For more mouth-watering recipes that you (and the kids!) will love, check out Keto Your Way .