The High Court of Kenya on Thursday overturned up to 24 Acts of Parliament.
Full list of 24 laws passed by Parliament that have now been declared null and void
High Court overturns Acts of Parliament
According to the ruling by the court, the laws were passed by the National Assembly without the approval of the Senate.
The three-judge bench declared the acts unconstitutional, null and void.
The Senate moved to court against it's National Assembly wing citing a number of laws that were passed without their involvement, some of which involve the counties.
The 24 acts were listed as;
- The Public Trustee Amendment Act No.6 of 2018
- The Building Surveyors act, 2018, No.19 of 2018
- Computer Misuse and Cybercrimes Act No.5 of 2018
- The Statute Law Miscellaneous Amendments No.4 of 2018
- The Kenya Coast Guard Service Act No.11 of 2018
- The Tax Laws Amendment Act No.9 of 2018
- The Statute Law Miscellaneous Amendments Act No.18 of 2018
- The Supplementary Appropriation Act No.2 of 2018
- The Equalization Fund Appropriation Act No.3 of 2018
- The Sacco Societies Amendment 2018, No.16 of 2018
- The Finance Act No.10 of of 2018
- The Appropriations Act No.7 of 2018
- The Capital Markets Amendment Act No.15 of 2018
- The National Youth Service Act No.17 of 2018
- The Supplementary Appropriation Act No.13 of 2018
- The Health Laws Amendment Act No.5 of 2019
- The Sports Amendment Act No.7 of 2019
- The Statute Law Law Miscellaneous Amendments Act 2019
- National Government Constituency Development Fund Act, 2015
- The National Cohesion and Integration Amendment Act 2019
- The Supplementary Appropriation Act No.9 of 2019
- The Appropriation Act 2019
- The Insurance Amendment Act 2019
- The National Government Constituency Development Fund Act 2015
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: