Sonko's message to S.K Macharia after his Citizen TV interview was cut short

Sonko's message to S.K Macharia after his JKL interview was cut short

Governor Mike Sonko (Governor's press)

Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko took to Facebook on Wednesday night where he told off Royal Media Services owner, S.K Macharia after his interview was cut short.

In the Facebook live, Sonko said that he had the right to reply since the questions he was answering had been asked by JKL show host, Jeff Koinange.

"Let me tell S.K Macharia and his Citizen TV that you can not stop me from responding on any question which I was asked by Jeff Koinange," Sonko stated.

"Actually it is Jeff Koinange who raised the Women Rep's issue, and I have the right to respond to any question," he added, in response to questions asked regarding the Nairobi Women Rep Esther Passaris.

The Governor wanted to present 'evidence' against Passaris who had earlier claimed that the Governor does not pick her calls, but the former was barred by Jeff since the latter was not present.

Ignored phone calls

"Passaris is misleading Kenyans; I do pick her calls. She made allegations against me and I had a right to reply," Sonko said.

According to Sonko, the Nairobi Women Rep had been sent to provoke him by senior people in the kieleweke faction.

The Governor's fight with Passaris began on Madaraka Day when she accused the governor of ignoring her phone calls despite the urgency of the matter at hand.

In a rejoinder, he told off the woman rep for demanding that he picks her calls saying he was not her husband.

After his interview on JKL was disrupted, Sonko went on Facebook where he aired personal messages between himself and Passaris.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke

Recommended articles

Late night fire torches section of Moi Girls High School Eldoret [Video]

Late night fire torches section of Moi Girls High School Eldoret [Video]

More colonial-era bombs resurface in Kiambu, latest discovery by quarry worker

More colonial-era bombs resurface in Kiambu, latest discovery by quarry worker

Why Charles Owino was recalled to the police service despite resignation

Why Charles Owino was recalled to the police service despite resignation

DCI exposes how Mugota operated ATM and bank fraud syndicate [Video]

DCI exposes how Mugota operated ATM and bank fraud syndicate [Video]

Uhuru's cousin loses bid to stop takeover of 443-acre land in Thika

Uhuru's cousin loses bid to stop takeover of 443-acre land in Thika

German charged with harassing female Kenyan athlete

German charged with harassing female Kenyan athlete

Former principal testifies against Oscar Sudi in forgery case

Former principal testifies against Oscar Sudi in forgery case

Nairobi Expressway contractor creates temporary terminus for matatus [Video]

Nairobi Expressway contractor creates temporary terminus for matatus [Video]

Dedan Kimathi family suffers tragic loss of freedom fighter's grandson

Dedan Kimathi family suffers tragic loss of freedom fighter's grandson