The coalition party’s exploits at the August 9 elections were celebrated by Raila Odinga’s running mate, Martha Karua who noted that: “In the four months of campaign you transformed the terrain and painted Kenya blue, we have much more to do.”
The list of Azimio la Umoja coalition MPs elected in Nairobi are:-
- Babu Owino – ODM (Embakasi East)
- Felix Odiwuor aka Jalang'o – ODM (Lang'ata)
- Tim Wanyonyi – ODM (Westlands)
- Mark Muriithi Mwenje – Jubilee (Embakasi West)
- Amos Mwago – Jubilee (Starehe),
- Beatrice Elachi - ODM (Dagoretti North)
- Yusuf Hassan – Jubilee (Kamukunji),
- George Aladwa – ODM (Makadara)
- Tom Kajwang' - ODM (Ruaraka)
- Antony Oluoch – ODM (Mathare)
- Julius Mawathe - Wiper (Embakasi South)
- Peter Orero – ODM (Kibra)
Kenya Kwanza’s UDA bagged four parliamentary seats listed below.
- Benjamin Gathiru - UDA (Embakasi Central)
- Mwafrika Augustine Kamande - UDA (Roysambu)
- James Gakuya (Embakasi North) – UDA
- John Kiarie – UDA (Dagoretti South)
Kenya Kwanza turned tables in the county assembly, scooping 36 seats as Azimio settled for 35 seats.
This is likely to change as two wards (Utawala and Kwa Reuben) are set to hold their elections for members of the county assembly on August 23, 2022.
The tallying of votes for the position of governor, senator and woman representative is currently in progress at the county tallying centre in Kasarani.