100 Mabanga Girls' students treated of food poisoning

100 students were on Friday rushed to hospital after...

The Kabuchai Constituency based school students were suspected to have consumed contaminated food, commonly food poisoning.

The students complained of stomachaches, diarrhea, vomiting and headaches after having supper on Thursday evening.

Confirming the unfortunate incident, school Principal Mrs Consolata Ong'ong'o said they rushed them to a Khalaba private hospital, as there are no nurses in public hospitals. Health facility Mr Edwin Mutunga, said that all the learners had similar symptoms.

Bungoma education director Jacob Onyiego and Richard Sabwami, county representative of Kenya Secondary Heads Association, asked parents not to worry "as the situation is under control".

"They were admitted at the nearest facility...we are yet to establish what they are suffering from...let's wait for the results."

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke