Explosion in Kisii after Chemistry experiment goes wrong

A Chemistry teacher in Nyamira is in ICU following a botched Chemistry experiment in his home

30 year old Collins Mageto was rushed to Kisii Referral Hospital following a botched Chemistry experiment in his house.

According to his eyewitnesses, they heard a loud explosion coming from his house at around 11 am before rushing to the scene of the incident and saw part of the roof had been blown up.

“The roof top has been destroyed and the items have been scattered in the house,” Nyamira North OCPD Maurice Asilah told Citizen Digital.

He further added that the explosion had no direct link to any criminal activity.

“We have invited bomb experts and the Anti-Terrorism Police Unit to carry out comprehensive investigations at the scene for a better expert opinion. But our assumption is because he is a science teacher, he may have been doing a scientific experiment which went bad,” he said.

Police were able to recover a few samples of the chemicals as well as other experimental equipment from the house as investigations are underway.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke