Confusion as IEBC denies sacking Chiloba

Chiloba has been on suspension since 10 months

___8897716___2018___9___25___8___pulse+live+breaking

The Star on Tuesday reported that Chiloba was formally sacked from the electoral commission on Monday.

The daily reported that the decision to sack the CEO was made in a committee meeting attended by IEBC Chairman Wafula Chebukati, alongside commissioners Boya Molu and Abdi Guliye.

Chebukati’s team was said to have invited the suspended IEBC boss for a disciplinary hearing but he failed to show up.

However, the IEBC later denied that Chiloba had been sacked, stating that the final decision was yet to be made regarding his disciplinary process.

“It is not true that CEO Ezra Chiloba, who is on suspension, has been dismissed from employment. What is true is that the disciplinary process is on-going and the Commission will make an objective decision on the matter,” the IEBC said in an early morning tweet.

The electoral body is also facing another uncertainty over the fate of three commissioners who claimed to have resigned in April, but later attempted to get back to their offices late last month.

Chebukati blocked the three; Connie Maina, Paul Kurgat and Margaret Mwachanya, from accessing their offices although the matter has since been taken to court.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke