On May 1st, music lovers thronged Carnivore Grounds for a celebration of Safaricom Jazz at 5.
This was a celebration of 5 years of Safaricom Jazz Festival and guests were treated to epic performances by the best in the Jazz genre such as Gogosimo Band, Eddie Grey, Mambo Tribe, Chris Bittok, Nairobi Horns, Kavutha Mwanzia, to mention but a few and the main act, the legendary Manu Dibango.
As usual, proceeds of the event go towards Ghetto Classics, an initiative by Safaricom to give talented but less fortunate kids a platform to learn and showcase their musical talent. During the event, the Ghetto Classics received a cheque of Ksh 18,478,900. Talk about music for a good cause!
Despite the dull weather, jazz music enthusiasts had an awesome afternoon of food, drinks and grooving to music that moves!
Here are some of the highlights:
In fashion related matters, there were no disappointments either as people stepped out in their best cold weather styles.
Have a look:
1. Fashion Blogger Diana Machira was looking fab in a plaid shirt dress and denim jacket.
2. This lady went for a turban and matching tassel earrings that made a statement.
3. Joy Kendi brought Maasai shuka swag to the festival.
4. This gent was looking dapper!
5. Blogger Jay showed us how to make wellies look stylish during this cold season.
6. This lady was freezing and shinning but if we had a body like hers, we would too.
7. Looks like the beret trend is here to stay.