Maternity style doesn't have to be boring
Instead of hiding the bump under voluminous clothes, women are now flaunting their bumps in everyday wear such as jumpsuits and even bodycon dresses. Being pregnant does not mean that you compromise on your style for 9 months. One key thing to note is that while you still wanna look stylish, it’s important to make sure that you’re comfortable. Overly tight clothing and high shoes are not particularly pregnancy style staples for instance. Kenyan Model, Vlogger and Entrepreneur Maureen Waititu has been slaying pregnancy style and we can learn some tips on how to dress up a baby bump from her.
ALSO READ: How to style your bump for the cold season
1. Don’t stash your jumpsuit away, in the first trimester when the baby bump is still growing, you can still wear your jumpsuits, paired with comfy flats or slip ons.
2. Throw over a duster or kimono on a jumpsuit to add some flair to the look.
4. Your every day dresses such as your LBD can still be worn if they’re stretchy enough.
5. For those days when you need to be super comfortable, go for stylish kaftans in vibrant colors to bring out that pregnancy glow.
6. Incorporate simple stylish tops and leggings into your pregnancy style to merge style and comfort.
ALSO READ: Tips to make leggings look stylish