Nairobi’s renowned lawyer James Njonjo Mue, a man who allegedly threw a box with Sh850 of coins at Uhuru Kenyatta’s Harambee House Office has finally spoken out.
Mr Mue who appeared before Senior Principal Magistrate Kennedy Cheruiyot on Thursday, denied having thrown the controversial box in addition to flying a Kenyan flag in his vehicle.
Police accused Mr Mue throwing a wooden box containing the coins valued at Sh850 while driving his Toyota Rav 4.
ALSO READ: Pastor jailed for seeking help in CS Matiang’i’s office
The prosecution told the court that he unlawfully flew the flag on his vehicle without permission from the interior ministry. He was accused of committing the said offenses last month with an intent to provoke breach of peace.
“On May 10, at Harambee House along Harambee Avenue, the accused used threatening behaviour, namely throwing a wooden box containing coins,” court was told.
The accused was arrested on Wednesday and was held in police cells before being presented in court on Thursday. He has been freed on a Sh200,000 personal bond.
The Court has also ordered for the release of his Rav 4 vehicle, which was being held by the police as an exhibit. His case will be heard on July 26.