Former Devolution and planning Cabinet Secretary Anne Waiguru on Friday refused to take part in the Jubilee nomination exercise scheduled for Friday.
Ms Waiguru, who is eying the Kirinyanga Gubernatorial seat, made the sudden announcement amid confusion and chaos that marred Jubilee primaries.
She described the process as a mere sham divulging that there was a plot to rig her out.
The former CS emphasized that she would only participate in the nominations when the Jubilee Party supplies sufficient ballot papers.
"We have been told to use exercise books as ballot papers, who does this?" Ms Waiguru questioned.
Supporters aligned to Ms Waiguru reportedly stormed Kiamugumo polling centre and destroyed property.
Waiguru's declaration comes hours after Jubilee aspirants in Uasin Gishu, Nandi, Elgeyo-Marakwet and Baringo counties vowed not to take part in the nominations.
Uasin Gishu, Governor Jackson Mandago, Nandi Hills MP Alfred Keter and his Kapseret counterpart Oscar Sudi led youth in a street protest denouncing the nominations.
"We had been assured of enough ballot papers by the national and county election board. But we have very few ballot papers in various polling stations… this will deny voters chance to elect the leaders they want,” Keter said.
Jubilee Secretary General Raphael Tuju later stated that the party had cancelled the nominations exercise in 11 counties which include: :Narok, Kajiado, Kericho, Bomet, Baringo, Elgeyo-Marakwet, Uasin Gishu, Nandi, Embu, Nakuru and Trans Nzoia counties.