- Choosing the right floor mats for your car is crucial, especially if you live in an area prone to rain or snow.
- Rubber floor mats are easy to clean and they may better protect your car from grime and moisture than the typical carpeted mats available on most cars.
- Rubber mats also offer better durability and longevity than traditional carpet ones, and can help your car retain some of its value over time.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
You probably don't think about your car's floor mats all that often, aside from the occasional vacuuming. But picking up a fresh set of rubber floor mats can bring some huge benefits, especially if you live in a wet or snowy area.
Rubber floor mats might take a bit of getting used to if you're accustomed to your mats matching the carpet in your car, but they're easier to clean and can also, believe it or not, increase the value of your car over time.
Scroll down to explore some of the reasons why your floor-mat material might be worth a second thought.
- JetBlue founder David Neeleman's new airline will fly the Airbus A220, the controversial plane Boeing tried to keep out of the US
- Extreme tailwinds helped 3 planes break records flying from New York to London in under five hours
- Ex-Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian Cruise Line workers reveal what it's really like to live at sea