- Padmanabh Singh is the 20-year-old 'king' of Jaipur, India .
- Although he's not officially considered a king by the state in democratic India, his position is still respected.
- Singh is a polo star who has studied at New York University and walked the runway in fashion shows.
- Estimates of the royal family's wealth vary, but Singh is estimated to control a fortune of between $697 million and $2.8 billion .
At 20 years old, Padmanabh Singh controls a fortune of between $697 million and $855 million and is called a "king."
Padmanabh Singh, full title Maharaja Sawai Padmanabh Singh of Jaipur, is the young monarch of Jaipur , a city in northwestern India famous for its pink architecture and imperial palaces.
Singh's royal title is not officially recognized by law , as India is a federal parliamentary democratic republic with a president and a prime minister. But it "still inspires respect in this deeply hierarchical country where the aristocracy is venerated despite rapid social change," according to the Guardian.
The wealth of the royal family is estimated to be between $697 million and $2.8 billion.
Singh spends his time playing polo, studying liberal arts, walking in fashion shows, and traveling the world.
Here's a look at the young royal's life.
- Christie's NYC sold more than $69 million of precious jewels in a single night and more than 25% of it came from one blue diamond ring
- A day in the life of a luxury interior designer, who starts her day with a 'caffeine cocktail,' has designed homes for Chrissy Teigen and John Legend, and goes to a SoulCycle class every night
- A 7-bedroom Swiss cabin has been named the world's best ski chalet for 2 years in a row and an inside tour quickly proves why