Ex-UK football coach found guilty of indecent assault, rape
Bennell was on Tuesday, found guilty on 27 counts of indecent assault, seven counts of rape and two counts of attempted rape.
Bennell, 64, had been accused of sexually assaulting more 10 children between 1979 and 1990.
He was on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, found guilty on 27 counts of indecent assault, seven counts of rape and two counts of attempted rape.
According to Skysports, the jury is still deliberating on seven counts against two complainants and will resume their deliberations on Wednesday morning.
There were 48 counts on the original indictment, but the jury was ordered to return not guilty verdicts on three of those - two other counts were alternative charges so they will not now be dealt with.
In the course of the trial, Bennell was described as a "child molester on an industrial scale" who would not just groom his victims, but also their families.
Some of the victims who had been undergone coaching under the suspect said Bennell had a "power hold" over them as they dreamed of becoming professional footballers.
According to a victim, there were at least four men who had been coached by Bennell, including former Wales manager Gary Speed, who had gone on to take their own lives.
But the jury said there was no proof to link the deaths to Bennell.
The court heard transcripts of police interviews in which the ex-coach admitted having a "grooming process" and being attracted to teenage boys, although he denied the new allegations and said his accusers were "jumping on the bandwagon" following publicity.
His lawyers, Eleanor Laws QC, described him as being a "sitting target" after being convicted of child sexual abuse in the 1990s and in 2015.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: