Nairobi Gubernatorial Aspirant Miguna Miguna has been blocked by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) from vying for Nairobi Governor.
Miguna blocked from vying for Nairobi Governor
Miguna has been blocked by IEBC after new discovery
Miguna who is vying on an independent ticket, was on Thursday turned away by the IEBC for failing to present his documents in the proper format.
IEBC said Miguna presented the mandatory 2000 signatures in JPEG format instead of the required Excel sheet format.
The presentation of 2000 signatures in Excel format is one of the requirements for one to be cleared by the IEBC to stand for governor in the August elections.
Miguna later walked away from the stadium and attacked the media saying nobody has blocked him.
"Your agenda is to promote interests of crooks, thieves and drug-dealers," an angry Miguna told the press.
Miguna, who wants to take over from ODM Governor Evans Kidero, had earlier dropped James Gathungu as his running mate and picked Karen Wangenye.
He had unveiled Gathungu, 24, saying this was a spirited bid to incorporate youths into leadership.
Twelve aspirants, including Kidero and Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko (Jubilee) and Peter Kenneth (Independent) are expected at the Kasarani Stadium today to present their documents ahead of the August polls.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: