Results from an autopsy carried out on baby Ethan Muendo who died at Shalom Hospital, revealed that the child had a swollen brain.
Results reveal cause of death of baby who died at Shalom Hospital
The 7-month-old baby died after receiving treatment
The process that was conducted at the Montezuma Funeral Home, showed that the baby had developed breathing problems.
Pathologist Daniel Zuriel who undertook the procedure stated that the brain controls the breathing hence a complication to it impedes the biological process.
Zuriel noted that extra tests would be done to other specimens collected from the dead child and analysed at the Government Chemists.
He added that the child's brain had been removed and stored for further examinations.
"The cause of death in this matter is respiratory depression and this is because breathing is controlled from the brain.
"We want to establish whether the brain was swollen because of the alleged morphine. We cannot speculate,” remarked the Pathologists.
Reports had indicated that the family may be forced to bury the child without the brain as investigations would take approximately six months to conclude.
Baby Ethan dies after a morphine overdose
On Monday, reports emerged that the 7-month-old baby had passed on after receiving treatment at the hospital.
The late Baby Ethan, who is the son to KBC journalist Jonathan Muendo, died after a morphine overdose.
The baby had been taken to the hospital following a minor burn suffered on Sunday evening as the parents sought to ease his pain.
Following the incident and concerns raised by Athi River residents, the facility was shut down after an order from Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: