Police rescued teenage girls in Ruaka who have been working in a brothel believed to be belong to a group of prominent personalities, one of whom is a former Cabinet Secretary.
14 underage girls busted entertaining patrons in brothel linked to ex minister during police raid
Caught pants down
According to the Standard Digital, one of the Teenage girls rescued had disappeared from a secondary school two months ago. Investigations revealed that the girl, a Form Two student at a school in Kiambu, was recruited to the trade by a friend who lured her with the promise of making money.
The student told the investigators that during her stay in the house, she would entertain close to 10 men a day. At times she would visit her clients home for a night of pleasure.
The employer would provide transport using a personal car which also operates as a taxi to ferry her to the client’s place of choice and back to the house.
Police officers, who have been investigating the disappearance of children from secondary schools in Kiambu, last Tuesday bust the child prostitution racket in the apartment located on the seventh floor of the nine storey building.
The officers recovered sex toys imported illegally into the country and for use in the sex parties by minors and unused condoms and sex toys from the house located about 200 metres from Ruaka shopping Centre.
When officers attached to Karuri DCI office arrived, they found 10 skimpily dressed girls locked in the house with some in bed with clients.
The investigators, who posed as clients, were informed that another group of 20 girls had been relocated from the house to a brothel in Mombasa.
For close to a year, the house that costs sh60,000 a month, has been used as a brothel by the proprietors.
Police rescued the girls and arrested three suspects including a 44-year-old man believed to be the brothel manager.
Patrons who were found at the brothel were also arrested but later released. Some have been turned into prosecution witnesses against the three suspects charged before the Kiambu magistrate’s court.
They denied seven counts of sexual offences and were released on a Sh1 million cash bail. The prosecution told the court that on diverse dates between October 19 and November 18, the three allowed a minor to remain in their house and be abused sexually.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: