10 weird but great beauty hacks you will wish you had known earlier
Have you tried any?
So, you know how you’re on YouTube watching your own stuff then you end up stumbling on something completely different but like, so relatable? It’s almost as if the guys at YouTube are like “Yeah, this chic will love this video next, let’s recommend it to her.” I watched this video on how you can use oil to remove makeup and my life has been so much easier guys. No, seriously, I have no idea why it took me all these years to realize that I can just remove my matte lipstick and foundation and all that sticky mascara using natural oils such as Argan, Coconut, Olive oil or even baby oil at home. It works wonders. Anyway, in that light, I thought to share some other beauty hacks I have come to discover, thanks to all the creative peeps out there (Sharraut). These will make your life easier cause? Sharing is caring right? And we all wanna look good and feel good.
Let’s get into the hacks now. Shall we?
1. When you run out of deo, don’t go around smelling like garbage.
Take a piece of lemon and rub it on your armpits. This will kill bacteria that cause body odor. However, be sure not to do it right after you have shaved cause it will sting.
2. If you want your perfume scent to last longer, apply Vaseline on the pulse points you want to apply the perfume for it to last longer.
Apply liquid liner on the wider part of the hair bobby pin then place it on the outer corner of the eye. This will leave trace marks which will guide you on drawing the winged liner. All you have to do now is fill in the trace marks and draw all the way to the inner corner of the eye.
4. Still on the eyes, if you want fuller lashes without having to wear false lashes.
Apply a coat of mascara, then apply baby powder on the lashes and then apply another coat of mascara. This will make your lashes look longer and fuller.
5. This one is for girls with thick thighs.
When your thighs are chafing from walking, apply deo on your thighs to prevent them from chafing.
6. A personal favorite, when you want your legs to shine, say on a night out when wearing a short dress or skirt.
Once you have oiled your legs as usual, use hairspray on the legs. They will shine brighter than a diamond my friend and who doesn’t like a pair of sexy oily legs?
7. Copy the Korean Jamsu beauty hack.
Jamsu means to dunk in water. This is a beauty hack that Korean women use to make their foundation last longer. In fact, it was an internet craze sometime back. All you have to do is prepare a bowl with ice water or cold water, apply your makeup as usual, then dunk your face in water for a few minutes or seconds and wait for it to dry or tap it dry then just refresh with powder in case it needs some refreshing. This method has been tested by many beauty bloggers and actually works. I need to point out though, that different people do it differently, you can either do your foundation (minus eyebrows and lips) only first then dunk the face or do the full face and dunk it. Try it and see what works.
ALSO READ: 5 foundation mistakes you're probably making
8. If you want your lips to look fuller, draw an X on your upper lip to help define the Cupid’s bow and give the illusion of fuller lips.
9. Natural hair ladies, give your hair a beer rinse for more defined curls, a shiny glow and healthy hair.
Beer contains vitamins that will help nourish your hair. However, this is not an every day thing. Once in a while like, once a month. You could try it and see if it works for you.
10. If you have yellow stained nails, apply toothpaste on your bare nails, leave it on for ten minutes then scrub it off.
Sometimes, our nails stain from nail polishes or maybe doing too many pedicures but this is an easy way to make them nice and white again. Not too shabby huh?
Got more beauty hacks to add? Comment away!
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: