Oats are a quick fix and very healthy optional meal whether for breakfast or to cure your hunger pangs. According to Nutritionist Gargi Sharma, oats help n lowering cholesterol level due to the amount of soluble fibers it contains plus contains vitamin E, essential fatty acids, etc. which make them top the healthy food charts.
Healthy overnight breakfast on the go
Oats are a quick fix and very healthy optional meal whether for breakfast or to cure your hunger pangs.
This superfood, energy-packed cereal grain can easily fill in your palate needs, you are not restrained to eat the traditional way with milk, you can add yogurt, nuts, fruit, peanut butter, etc.
Here is one simple and easy overnight oat tutorial you can try: overnight oats are a no-cook method of making oatmeal. Instead of cooking your oats with liquid on the stove, you mix oats with the liquid and other mix-ins, and let it rest in the fridge overnight, morning you eat as is.
You can get oats in almost any supermarket, just pick regular oats, don’t have to but the high-end ones, they all taste the same. Ratio shiuld be: 1 part oats + 2 parts milk (liquid should be double quantity of oats)
• One clean jar with lid
• ½ cup of oats
• 2 tsp of chia seeds (optional, but awesome)
• 1 cup of milk (unsweetened) or 1 cup yogurt
• 1 tsp of cinnamon, cocoa powder, ginger powder,
• 1-2 tsp of your favorite sweetener (honey/maple syrup)
• 2 tbsp of nuts (add in the morning for better nutty crunch)
• Some slices of fruit (banana, mango, apple, strawberry not avocado. Or tomato.)
• Pinch of salt
1. Throw everything in a jar, screw the lid on top, shake, and off it goes into the fridge. The next morning add a dash of milk, a sweetener (if you want) and enjoy. If you don’t have a mason jar, you can use any tin with a lid.
5 ways of overnight oats
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: