Make this delicious meal at home
Because not everytime buying Shawarma at a restaurant.
Pita bread or flour tortilla wraps
1 small sized Cabbage (cut into thin strips)
1 medium sized Onions(cut into thin strips)
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
For the marinade:
1 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoon curry
1 teaspoon onion powder/2 teaspoons minced onions
1 teaspoon garlic powder/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 large chicken stock cube
Half a teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon Vegetable /olive oil
1. Place the chicken strips into a bowl, add the marinade and mix thoroughly until well incorporated. Then cover and store in the fridge for 2 to 24 hours(depending all how much time you have).
2. In a pan, heat up a tablespoonful of oil. Add the marinated chicken and stir-fry until juicy and brown.
3. Mix some mayonnaise and ketchup together.
4. Place a shawarma roll on a clean flat surface, spread the ''mayo-ketch'' on it and then fill it with the sliced vegetables on one end and Sprinkle some chilli pepper(optional).
5. Then fold the bread, tuck in the edge, and roll to form a shawarma wrap.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: