- Beyond Meat partnered with Just Salad to replace all beef menu items with Beyond Meat.
- One four-piece serving of Beyond Meatballs contains 16 grams of protein.
- The meatballs will be featured in Just Salad's Keto Bowl.
As of September 12th, the fast-casual chain (located in the New York City area, Chicago, Philadelphia, Florida, and North Carolina) is eliminating all beef from the menu, and replacing it with Beyond Meat . Instead of grilled steak, they'll now offer Beyond's plant-based meatballs as a protein option, available as an add-on to salads, wraps, or warm bowls. Each four-meatball serving offers 16 grams of protein .
The new meatballs will also star in Just Salad's vegetarian Keto Zoodle Bowl, made with zoodles (zucchini noodles), grape tomatoes, roasted balsamic mushrooms, and shaved parmesan. (To make it vegan , just ditch the cheese.)
Keto Zoodle Bowl Nutrition Info
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 32 g (12 g sat fat)
- Sodium: 1300 mg
- Carbohydrates: 14 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Sugars: 7 grams
- Protein: 32 grams
- Calcium: 440 mg
- Iron: 4.2 mg
- Potassium: 450 mg
The future of food is plant-based, Janani Lee, Chief Sustainability Officer at Just Salad said in a press release. Were thrilled to offer our guests an alternative to beef thats just as delicious yet significantly more eco-friendly.
This isn't the first time Just Salad has made a business choice to benefit the environment. The brand is known for their reusable bowls, and the company announced its Green Standard sustainability initiative earlier this year, which, according to a press release, includes:
- A zero waste vision to send zero waste to landfills by 2025
- A commitment to save 100,000 pounds of plastic in 2019up from 75,000 pounds of plasticthrough the brands reusable bowl program
- A transition from plastic bowls to biodegradable fiber bowls at all domestic locations in 2019
- The development of a 360-degree composting program in collaboration with Bard MBA NYCLab
So when it came to making more eco-conscious menu changes, there was no question. We spent a lot of time weighing different plant-based options for our menu, and Beyond simply offers the most versatile and best tasting product out there, noted Lee.