Uhuru makes urgent decision after chaotic jubilee primaries

Drastic decision.

President Uhuru Kenyatta

The Head of State summoned Jubilee Secretary General Raphael Tuju and other senior officials at State House.The President and his deputy William Ruto demanded answers for the chaos that had been witnessed during the nominations.

After the meeting, Tuju stated that he could not discuss details of the meeting he had with Kenyatta."Ideally I am in no position to disclose what I discussed with Uhuru and DP William Ruto," Tuju said.He went had and canceled nominations in all 21 counties.Initially, he had called off the primaries in the following counties: Baringo, Bomet, Elgeyo Marakwet, Embu, Kajiado, Kericho, Nakuru, Nandi, Narok, Transmara, Uasin Gishu, Kiambu, Laikipia, Meru and West Pokot.

Read Also: TENSION AS JUBILEE PRIMARIES FAIL TO KICK OFF IN ALL 20 COUNTIESThe former Rarieda MP apologised for the chaos that were witnessed and took blame for the confusion and protests that marred the process."I apologise for the inconvenience caused to our aspirants and supporters... I will take responsibility for the mess. These things took place under my watch. I will work to ensure our supporters get a chance to elect the leaders they prefer to fly Jubilee's flag," He said at Jubilee headquarters.The Jubilee Secretary General  stated that new dates for the nominations would be announced on Saturday.In some counties, police were forced to fire in the air to disperse angry youth who torched the ballot papers in areas like Bungoma County.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke