Top 10 list of Kenyans with the biggest salaries
Meet the man who is paid Sh143,750 per hour.
While top executives are tasked with broad and delicate responsibilities, they are also compensated handsomely.
Under the Kenyan law, the Capital Markets Authority requires all publicly listed companies to publish all the payments made to company directors and senior executives.
The filings made such companies have helped shed light on the top earners in the Kenyan corporate industry.
Here is a list of the top three highest paid executives for the year ended 2017.
1. Joshua Oigara
The KCB CEO earned a total of Sh281 million in 2017. He received a salary of Sh57 million and bonuses that totalled to a whopping Sh224 million.
In simpler terms, Oigara's pay translated to about Sh23 million a month or, assuming he is works 40 hours a week - Sh143,750 per working hour.
2. James Mworia
The Centum CEO emerged second in the list of executives for top executives in 2017.
3. David Ohana
The Kenol Kobil CEO earned Sh203 million in 2017 - Sh 52.9 million in basic salary and annual bonuses amounting to Sh151.2 million.
Here are the other top earners:
4. Lamin Manjang Standard Chartered CEO - Sh 141.04million
5. Tom Gitogo CEO at CIC Insurance - 125.4 million
6. Jeremy Awori Barclays Bank of Kenya CEO- Sh122.95
7. Tejinder Singh - Head of Global Banking in Sh130.3million
8. James Mwangi - CEO at Equity Group - Sh117.21
9. Frank Ireri - HFC Managing Director - Sh108.9 million
10. Mugo Kibati former CEO at Sanlam Kenya - Sh125.4 million
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: