*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Butter or oil
- ½ cup chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- Potatoes, mashed
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Bouquet garni
- Sliced green onions
- 2 ½ cups milk
- Melt butter or heat the oil in a thick-bottomed pan; slowly add milk and cook, stirring constantly until mixture begins to bubble and thicken. Season this with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onion and garlic and cook while stirring often. Give them 5 to 10 minutes or until they turn golden.
- Stir in Royco Beef cubes and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Add the potatoes and stock. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Remove the bouquet garni. Season.
- Once the potatoes have softened add thickened milk mixture to the potato soup mixture and stir. Potatoes should start breaking down into soup. If they are not, give them time to cook for longer.
- Liquidize or pass the soup firmly through a sieve then pass through a medium conical strainer.
- Return to a clean pan, boil again and correct the seasoning and consistency.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with desired toppings.
About Potato soup
Potato soup is advantageous because you can customize it by adding toppings or the spices of your choice. The soup can also be added to rice as an accompaniment.
4 out of 5