The sports category has moved to a new website.

DP Gachagua meets energy tycoons in Karen

DP Gachagua pushes for investments in green industrialization during high-profile meeting with energy sector investors

Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua with investors from Hewani Energy (Kenya), Seriti Green (South Africa) and Eurus Energy (Japan)

Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua has reiterated the government's dedication to harnessing Kenya's abundant renewable energy resources.

DP Gachagua held a meeting with investors from the energy sector at his official residence in Karen on Thursday, January 18.

This engagement was focused on cultivating partnerships with prominent renewable energy companies, including Hewani Energy (Kenya), Seriti Green (South Africa), and Eurus Energy (Japan), all of which are eager to maximize Kenya's potential in clean power.

ADVERTISEMENT

In the meeting attended by Principal Secretary Alex Wachira from the State Department for Energy, Deputy President Gachagua underscored the crucial role that renewable energy plays in the country's pursuit of green industrialization, a key agenda of President William Ruto's administration.

Hewani Energy is a renewable energy company jointly owned by Seriti Green and Eurus Energy. Seriti Green holds a significant 75% share, with Eurus Energy owning the remaining 25%.

Eurus Energy and Seriti Green boast an extensive track record of securing both debt and equity finance for renewable energy projects worldwide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Eurus Energy, with a diverse portfolio spanning Europe, the Americas, Africa, and the Asia-Pacific region, manages approximately 4GW of operating projects across 15 countries on five continents.

This strategic partnership aligns with the Ruto Administration's vision for sustainable and diversified energy sources.

Hewani Energy employs industry-leading technologies such as the atmospheric wind modeling and energy analysis tool, Windscape.

This tool enables wind engineers to identify optimal locations for wind farms globally, providing Hewani Energy with a competitive edge and rapid growth potential.

ADVERTISEMENT

Deputy President Gachagua emphasized the government's commitment to fostering collaborations that advance Kenya's renewable energy sector.

The meeting with these global industry leaders signifies a significant step toward realizing a sustainable and green future for the nation.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

ADVERTISEMENT

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke

Recommended articles

Sabina Joy, CBD home & other assets owned by billionaire Gerald Gikonyo

Sabina Joy, CBD home & other assets owned by billionaire Gerald Gikonyo

In shadow of the business summit: The U.S. buys right to pollute Angola with toxic waste

In shadow of the business summit: The U.S. buys right to pollute Angola with toxic waste

The role of digital payments in Kenya's online gaming market

The role of digital payments in Kenya's online gaming market

EPRA announces new fuel prices  for June & July

EPRA announces new fuel prices for June & July

Kenya fulfils 6 of IMF's strict conditions in budget & Finance Bill 2024

Kenya fulfils 6 of IMF's strict conditions in budget & Finance Bill 2024

How AI is transforming the Kenyan online Casino and Cryptocurrency landscape

How AI is transforming the Kenyan online Casino and Cryptocurrency landscape

Kenya Power MD explains fate of idle prepaid meters post-upgrade deadline

Kenya Power MD explains fate of idle prepaid meters post-upgrade deadline

Explainer: What follows when an insurance company closes or collapses

Explainer: What follows when an insurance company closes or collapses

Kenya Power sets deadline for mandatory update of prepaid metres [How to update]

Kenya Power sets deadline for mandatory update of prepaid metres [How to update]

ADVERTISEMENT