An easy DIY on how you can make your own makeup remover at home
No makeup remover? No problem!
But, did you know that you need to spend the same amount of energy and time taking that makeup off? Sleeping with your makeup on can lead to clogged pores which then leads to skin breakouts and acne. Makeup contains some chemicals which are not very good for the skin and it should be taken off at bedtime. However, we all know that makeup removers and baby wipes do not come cheap and soap, doesn’t really do a great job at taking out all the makeup. So, what are your options? Well, DIY to the rescue.
That’s right, you can use a home-made make up remover which will take off the makeup and you won’t have to spend so much money. Here’s how to make your own makeup remover.
You will need:
450ml of water in a small jug.
Liquid coconut oil or extra virgin oil.
Johnson’s liquid baby wash.
Makeup removing pads.
A mason jar or a jar with a lid. (You can use an old bread jam jar)
1. Into the jar of water, pour in around two full teaspoons of your oil, followed by two squirts of the baby wash – you can put around one teaspoonful of the baby wash.
2. Properly mix the mixture.
3. Fill your mason jar with the makeup removal pads.
4. Now, pour the mixture carefully into the mason jar, ensuring that the pads soak up well, even at the bottom.
You don’t have to use all the water if the jar fills up. This will depend on how big the jar is.
5. Now, all you have to do is pick a soaked pad and take off your makeup, till you have a clear face.
You can keep the rest of the pads for the rest of the week.
Easy, quick and cost effective.
ALSO READ: Clear signs you're a girl that loves makeup
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: