Here's a quick and easy way to achieve the jumbo goddess ponytail (Photos)
This celeb inspired hairstyle is a must try
The jumbo ponytail is totes circling the fashion and style sphere and we are so here for it. We have spotted it on celebrities such as Beyonce, and S.A's Ayanda Thabethe to mention but a few.
What if we told you that it's super easy to achieve this style at home? In fact, all you will need is braid hair, a hair pin, styling gel, a head scarf, hair brush and, well, your hair and hands hehe.
I particularly like the idea of having a style whereby the facial features are not hidden by any hair and it also gives you the chance to show off all your gorgeous earrings plus, it's that look that looks great on anyone.
Here's a pictorial guide on how to achieve the look:
1. Start by brushing your hair and applying hair gel on it so that you achieve a nice slicked back finish.
2. Tie your own hair into a small ponytail using a tiny hair band and then tie a headscarf to lay down the hair.
3. Take your braid hair (one packet is enough but if you want a really chunky ponytail, you can use more braid hair) and apply hair serum on it and then brush it out a little bit using a wide teeth comb.
4. Using your mini rubber band, tie the hair piece at the middle of the braid, by making a knot with the rubber band.
5. Attach that braid ponytail onto your own hair ponytail.
Leaving out a small piece of hair from the braid, braid the rest of the braid hair into a chunky braid.
6. Once through, cover your own ponytail with the braid you have made,
Now, using the little piece of hair you left out, cover the base of the ponytail and secure it with a hairpin.
7. Voila, now you're ready to slay away!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: