Here's how to grow long healthy nails naturally in just 10 days
You really don't need acrylics
Unfortunately, fake nails are not comfortable, at least not for many people who have tried them. Matter of fact, I give props to ladies who wear fake nails-how you ladies are able to do simple things like writing, typing or even zipping up a pair of jeans in those claws is a mystery that requires solving. Anyway if you prefer your nails natural, you can agree with me that the struggle to grow them to a lengthy size is real. It takes almost over a month for them to grow to a length where you can drum the table with the nails (anyone has a better description for that length of nails?) and if you’re unlucky, they will chip and break and you’ll end up with uneven nails.
But, before you give up hope and run to your nail salon for a quick acrylics fix, I’m gonna show you a DIY you can do at home to give you naturally long healthy nails in just ten days. Yup, say no to fake nails which btw harbor so many germs and dirt underneath.
The DIY involves two process, dipping your fingers in a solution and massaging them then applying cuticle oil. This requires some level of commitment as it’s an everyday thing.
What you will need to make the nail soaking solution:
1. A teaspoon of salt
2. A teaspoon of extra virgin Olive oil
3. Half a bowl of warm water.
How to make the solution:
Into the bowl with warm water, add the half lemon, salt, and oil then stir.
Lemon contains Vitamin C which is essential for nail growth, salt strengthens nails and softens cuticles, it also helps kill bacteria preventing nail growth.
What you will need to make the cuticle oil:
1. A teaspoon of extra virgin Olive oil
2. 2 capsules of Vitamin E. You can find Vitamins in any chemist/pharmacy or shops such as Healthy U sometimes, Vitamins can be a little pricey but if you want your nails to grow, it’s worth the investment as you can use it for your body too.
3. A tight lid container where you will store your cuticle oil.
4. A cuticle pusher and cotton bud.
How to make the cuticle oil:
Simply out the teaspoon of olive oil in the container then cut and add two capsules of the Vitamin E, stir and store it. You can keep it in room temperature for more than three months.
1. Everyday, dip your hands in a fresh nail soaking solution you created for about 30 minutes while massaging your nails. Do this to both hands.
2. Once you have done that, remove your hands and dry them with a clean towel. You do not need to rinse them.
3. Now take the cuticle oil you made, using a cotton bud, apply a bit at the point of your nail growth (where your nail grows from) on all nails and massage all the nails in circular motion for ten minutes before going to bed.
4. Once in a week, push your cuticles with a cuticle pusher after you’re done with the massage.
5. Repeat the same process for about ten days and your nails will be long, naturally.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: