A cold weather style cheat sheet from Kenyan fashionistas (Photos)
Learn from the best
When it's cold, a majority of us will just grab a scarf, wear our jeans, a layer of sweaters and hoodies and step out. And that's fine, really, but any fashion-forward lady knows that not even the cold weather can stop the slay game. It's not that hard to look great in cold weather. Kenyan fashion IT girls have been giving us cold weather style inspirations and we are definitely here for it.
From Anita Nderu to Anerlisa Muigai, here's a cheat sheet from local fashion aficionados on how to keep warm without compromising on your style during this cold weather season.
1. Anita Nderu is not without her comfy leather boots.
One of the must-have wardrobe possessions is a good pair of comfy leather boots for those rainy days or even when the baridi is just too much. We love how she styled this look with leggings and a floral trench. Cute, stylish and warm.
2. For a more sophisticated formal look, say for an important meeting, throw over a warm blazer on your pant or skirt suit like Arnelisa.
3. Catherine of Fashionable Stepmum blog reminds us that a cashmere trench is a priced possession that every lady should have.
Trenches come in handy to keep you warm in the cold season and they can be styled in many ways, be it by wearing them as a dress, belting them, un-belting, throwing them over the shoulders, pairing them with different outfits and they're transitional, from day to night. Add a cold weather accessory such as a beret or scarf for more warmth.
4. Nancie Mwai is the cool girl's guide to killing it in the cold weather in her denim on denim look paired with sock boots.
5. Sharon Mundia is all about grabbing her basic denim, bodysuit or tank top and comfy sneakers as a foundation and adding something warm such as chunky sweater.
6. Lucia Musau loves to layer like a pro.
Not too much, just enough. Get creative with your layering. You could go for a preppy style like Lucia or even layer a blazer with a denim shirt for instance.
7. Of course we can't end the list without a cold night out style tip from Sharon Mwangi.
An LBD paired with sexy thigh high boots and a trendy biker jacket is guaranteed to keep you warm all night.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: