These days, Kenyan celebrities aint playing when it comes to red carpet fashion.
Most celebrities are now investing in stylists to help them put together a perfect look for the red carpet. When you're in the limelight, you can't just grab a dress off some Instagram page and head over to an upscale event…surely!
This past weekend, the long-awaited premier of Disconnect The Movie took place at Anga Cinema Diamond Plaza. The movie features top Kenyan Actors and Actresses such as Catherine Kamau, Brenda Wairimu, Nick Mutuma, Patricia Kihoro, Pierra Makena, Pascal Tokodi, to mention but a few. In a nutshell, the movie, directed by Tosh Gitonga is a romantic comedy whose story line revolves around the dating practices of Nairobi residents.
As with every movie premier, the best part is always the red carpet fashion. Some get it and others? Not so much. One celebrity that has been quickly cementing herself as the Kenyan queen of red carpet fashion is Anita Nderu. The Capital FM Presenter pretty much nails every look and as expected, she stood out at the movie premier in a gorgeous gown with embellishments, designed by Sewe Kenya. Anita, unlike many celebrities doesn’t have a personal stylist. But fashion IT girls don’t really need stylists or do they? Internationally, Blake Lively is arguably one of the best dressed celebrities and she happens not to use the services of a celebrity stylist. It’s all her hunny…all her. However, when in doubt, you could always use the help of a stylist if you’re afraid of looking like a hot mess.
Without blabbering on, check out or list of the best dressed celebrities at the Disconnect The Movie premier.
1. Anita Nderu slayed in this black gown by Sewe Kenya.
2. Pierra we see you rocking the velvet trend so effortlessly.
3. Joyce Maina went for a safe but well put together look.
4. Pregnancy has never looked this good. Janet Mbugua looked all pretty and glowy in this gold and black dress.
5. Patricia Kihoro stunned in a black dress with sequin details.
6. Catherine Kamau went for a jumpsuit look and she did not disappoint.
7. Tallia Oyando also went for the velvet trend in a pretty bustier black dress with feather details.
8. Stylist, Wambui Thimba was gorgeous in a yellow and black flowy gown that flattered her figure.
9. Celebrity Stylist Brian Babu was looking all trendy in an all black ensemble carefully accessorized with a beret and tint glasses that matched the African print kimono.
10. These girls got the memo. The gent could have gone for a more fitting suit but oh well...
11. Sis went for a different red carpet look. Lowkey hippie in wrap pants and a bralette but we are feeling it. It's authentic and different good.