The boyfriend blazer is back with a bang and here's how to style it (Photos)
If you have none, steal bae's
It's no secret that a great well fitting blazer is a closet must-have. However, at the moment, slouchy silhouettes are the in thing which means, you need to give your fitting blazer a break and fish out the oversized or the boyfriend blazer. As the name suggests, if you have none, you could just borrow one from your brother or boo of course, if they're not giant sized. Alternatively, simply buy a blazer two sizes bigger than your normal size. If what we are seeing on magazine spreads, runways and on fashionistas all over the gram is anything to go by, the boyfriend blazer is definitely back with a bang.
These blazers come in all colors and prints, from window pane to tartan and in vibrant to subtle colors. My absolute favorite part is the fact that there incalculable ways of styling this chic staple. Basically, you can wing it when it comes to the oversized blazer. In my opinion, it's one of the pieces that can be styled with pretty much anything and we will show you how:
1. Oh my this monochrome look is just perfect for lack of other words.
2. This would be a perfect night out look for bold ladies who can go bra-less.
If you're blessed with small breasts, tape them using a double sided sellotape then wear your blazer and add chunk jewelry to draw attention away from the 'girls'. This look can be paired with bottoms such as stylish shorts, a cute short skirt or leggings. Don't forget the high heels!
3. Tired of the plain old colors like black or blue? Go for a print like tartan.
Absolutely love how this lady styled her double breasted boyfriend blazer with distressed denims and white ankle boots.
4. A cold day? Layer like a pro!
Check out that color block. So sophisticated and chic. When layering, you can just drape the blazer over the shoulders to avoid looking bulky.
5. A vibrant colored boyfriend blazer styled with a cute floral dress and sneakers.
This would be a perfect casual weekend look. Think of something you can wear to a movie date, brunch or even a social event.
6. Pairing your short skirt with sock boots and an oversized blazer is such a look at the moment.
7. If the shoulders fit well, you can wear your double breasted boyfriend blazer as a dress, with heels or sneakers.
Do ensure it's long enough though, you don't want peek-a-boos.
8. Play around with styling options such as belting the blazer which is quite in vogue.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: