Here's how to wear the bike shorts that every fashionista is rocking (Photos)
This is one of the biggest trends of 2018
Also called cycling or biker shorts, this athleisure piece worn by cyclists has crept its way back into the fashion streets after having been invented in the 90s. That's right; the trend, which was re-born by Kim Kardashian and her famous sisters is not new. In the 90s, people, including Princess Diana would walk around in bike shorts paired with crop tops, tees or even sweatshirts. Indeed, fashion repeats itself; bike shorts are one of the biggest trends of 2018 and if you haven't tried the trend, perhaps it's time to jump on it before it becomes a fad?
Previously, I have spoken on my reservations on the trend. Personally, it's a no for me. I feel like bike shorts are low-key too indecent. I mean, we gotta think about the camel toe, cellulite and the bum being all out there. I feel like to pull this off, you need confidence and to definitely GET IT RIGHT. The last thing you want is walking on the streets, looking like you forgot to wear pants or a skirt all in the name of being trendy. In the event you want to try the trend, all you gotta do is get you some bike shorts or a biker (Inner wear worn with skirts and dresses). You could also DIY with cotton leggings by cutting them off into shorts length. While a majority of fashion aficionados are going for the sporty chic or athleisure look, seeing as after all the original purpose was for sports, you can also add an unexpected twist by dressing up your bike shorts by pairing them with heels and say a classic chic blazer. See how to wear your bike shorts like a true fashionista.
1. Style your bike shorts with a nice chambray or a chic blouse with sneakers and a crossbody bag.
2. Go for a trendy look of bike shorts and a bustier top paired with an oversized denim jacket and sneakers.
3. To dress up the bike shorts, pair them with a trendy blazer and a carefully selected pair of stilettos or strappy heels.
We love how this lady belted up the blazer and carried a mini bag to add some flair to the whole look.
4. Brunching with the bae on a sunny Saturday, go for a pop of color by adding a head accessory such as a turban and pair your bike shorts with a cute crop top, front tie top or even a bustier one.
Be sure that your bum doesn't look too exposed especially if you're blessed with a big derriere. Covering the back with a duster, kimono or long boyfriend shirt will do.
5. You can pair your bike shorts with a sweatshirt and heels too to create some balance.
6. Bandeau top and matching bike shorts paired with heels? Yes please! For this look though, you got to have the right body for it lest you look like a walking disaster.
Remember to dress for your body type.
7. Style your bike shorts with an oversized graphic tee and sexy heels.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: