The most stylish looks from the Thrift Social event
The event was all about style and a pop of color
Well, the trend was brought back to life this past weekend at popular event, Thrift Social. The event, curated by sibling duo Velma Rossa and Oliver Asike is normally characterized by a dress up theme and a woke crowd that refers to itself as Nu Nairobi. The latest edition of Thrift Social event which took place last Saturday, 17th March at the Alchemist Bar saw revelers obey the theme by trussing themselves up in color blocked outfits for an afternoon of food, fashion and entertainment by Kamau, Barak Jacuzzi, Kerby Jaaziya, Kenyan Shilling, Butcherman as well as Mixmaster Lenny. The color blocking concept is all about mixing colors or prints that are opposites in the wheel of color. Say for instance, pairing blue pants with an orange blouse. The attendees of Thrift Social did not disappoint, we saw the latest styles and trends such as berets, cat eye sunglasses and of course, a pop of color everywhere.
Here are some of the best looks.
1. We love how this lady played around with shades of blue to complement her cute African print shift dress.
2. This lady color blocked her turban with earrings and nailed it.
3. Berets are so on trend right now.
4. 90s vibe with a hint of feminist chic.
5. How cute is this ensemble?
6. Of bantu knots and knits.
7. The berets squad.
8. Now that's how you make a statement with your hair.
9. We love the accessory on this gent.
10. Another 90s look.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: