When it comes to style, you either got it or you don't, there's no in between.
11 style lessons we need to learn from Steve Mbogo's wife
Her style is the textbook definition of exquisite
One Kenyan celebrity who has mastered the art of dressing up is Steve Mbogo's wife, Salma. Her style is the textbook definition of exquisite. What makes Salma so stylish is the fact that she steers clear of the more intricate style. Less is more, especially when it comes to style. Salma mostly sticks to basics such as a pair of well fitting jeans as her foundation and dresses it up with luxe pieces such as a designer belt, bag or pair of shoes to elevate her style.
Sometimes, you do not need much to be stylish. If you have the right wardrobe staples such as a few pairs of great pants, tops and stylish shoes and accessories, you're good to go. It's also important to remember that as a woman, style is not just about the clothes. Slick back your hair, do your makeup cause a lil red lip never hurt anyone and confidently slay away like Salma.
We are totally crushing on her style and evidently, we can learn a thing or two from her style.
1. Dress up your pair of jeans with a carefully selected pair of sexy heels and a stylish bag.
2. Invest in stylish dresses that you could wear to an upscale event or important occasions such as weddings.
3. Do not be afraid to follow trends. If crop tops, midi skirts or florals are on trend, cop yourself some pieces and slay.
4. If you have kids, you can still do your mommy duties while looking stylish. Albeit, comfort is key. Swap the heels for simple but trendy flats.
5. Have an outfit that you can grab when you need to look anything BUT BASIC!
6. Have some summery pieces for those days when you need to take a vacation. Flowy maxi dresses and accessories such as sunglasses and hats.
7. Pregnancy style doesn't have to be boring or sloopy.
8. Treat yourself to a luxury designer piece that can elevate your style. It could be a belt, handbag or even a pair of shoes. Really, life is short. Buy the damn shoe!
9. You need at least one tailor made well fitting suit for those days when you need to boss up! Think of a big meeting where you need to seal a deal.
10. Cold weather style wardrobe staples are a must. A classic cashmere trench and boots will come in handy when it's cold and wet.
11. Do not be afraid of prints and color. Mix up prints and go for colorful pieces for that pop of color.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: