10 simple steps to making mchele njeri
People know of pilau njeri but among the innovative creators of mashakura is a dish that requires even less work.
1. 1 cup of rice
2. 1 tbs of cooking fat
3. Half an onion- chopped
4. A tomato
5. Beef cube
6. Two large potatoes diced (optional)
7. Three carrots diced (optional)
1. Prepare the rice by washing and soaking according to the packet's instructions.
2. Chop up the onions, tomatoes, carrots and potatoes.
3. Add cooking oil to a sufuria.
4. Add diced onion and stir until brownish. Then add beef cube.
5. Add carrots and onions. Leave to simmer on medium heat until they soften a bit.
7. Stir until satisfied.
8. Add 2 cups of water and salt to taste.
9. Leave to simmer until cake-like mixture forms.
10. Dish out and serve.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: