Billy Chemirmir, a suspected Kenyan serial killer living in the US has been charged with the murder of twelve elderly women in the American state of Texas.
Chemirmir was arrested in 2018 in connection with the murder of one woman.
Authorities have since established the former health worker to have been a serial killer and added eleven counts of murder.
The 46-year old now faces the murder charge as Texas is one of the few US states that still have the death penalty.
The court has set his bail at more than Sh900 million (USD 9 million) while the immigration office has placed a order for his deportation to Kenya upon his release.
Here is a list of Chemirmir’s victims and the dates they were killed.
Each of the twelve elderly women were murdered by being suffocated with a pillow.
- Phyllis Payne, 91, on May 14, 2016
- Phoebe Perry, 94, on June 5, 2016
- Norma French, 85, on Oct. 8, 2016
- Doris Gleason, 92, on Oct. 29, 2016
- Minnie Campbell, 83, on Oct. 31, 2017
- Carolyn MacPhee, 81, on Dec. 31, 2017
- Rosemary Curtis, 76, on Jan. 17, 2018
- Mary Brooks on Jan. 31, 2018
- Martha Williams, 80, on March 4, 2018
- Miriam Nelson, 81, on March 9, 2018
- Ann Conklin, 82, on March 18, 2018
- Lu Thi Harris, 81, on March 20, 2018