2019 has been a tough year for Kenyan employees working in all sectors of the economy and this is because of “restructuring” and “redundancy” that have been the buzz words for many employers.
List of Journalists fired in 2019
Sad to see you go...
Employers had fired at least 13,000 people by October 2019. The rampant sackings led to protests by jobless youth which bore little fruit.
Kenyan journalists did not escape the season of sacking with K24 having laid off the highest number of journalists in 2019.
Those who were fired and are yet to bounce back include:
- Fred Njiri - Managing Editor K24
- Tony Timase - Head of Business k24
- Torome Tirike - Head of Sports
- Franklin Wambugu - Managing Editor, Swahili
- Frankilin Macharia - Senior Reporter
- Anders Ihaji - Political Reporter
- Ali Mtenzi- deputy Managing Editor
- Mwanaisha Chidzuga - Swahili anchor
- Juma Bhalo - Swahili Anchor
- Boniface Mutakha – Managing Editor, English
- Erick Rono - News (Emoo FM)
- Sir-Eliud Eliud (Kiprotich Eliud) - News (Emoo FM)
- Abraham Kiplimo - Business News (Emoo FM)
- Kiplagat Kwambai (Ng’ombe Hamsini)
- Benwaa Cheruiyot of Sports 6.
- Edwin Arap Tanui
- Julius Kibet
- Moses Kanyira – reporter and continuity announcer at Kameme FM
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: