President Kenyatta has today issued new Covid-19 directives on select counties.
8 key directives you might have missed in Uhuru's Public Order 2 of 2021
New Covid-19 directives on 5 counties
This is the President's Fifteenth Presidential address on the #Covid_19 pandemic at State House, Nairobi.
Nairobi, Kajiado, Machakos, Kiambu and Nakuru have collectively been declared a disease-infected area.
- All gatherings and in-person meetings of whatever nature are suspended within the counties of Nairobi, Kajiado, Machakos, Kiambu and Nakuru until further notice.
- All in-person meetings of the cabinet and its committees with the exception of meetings of the National Security Council are suspended until further notice.
- The ordinary sessions of the August House including those of their committees. - and the ordinary sessions of the county assemblies of Nairobi, Kajiado, Machakos, Kiambu and Nakuru are hereby suspended until further notice.
- All physical and in-person as well as congregational worship in all places of worship in the 5 counties of Nairobi, Kajiado, Machakos, Kiambu and Nakuru stand suspended until otherwise notified.
- There shall be an immediate suspension of all ongoing physical learning in all educational institutions including university and tertiary and vocational colleges other than for candidates sitting for their examinations and those in medical training institutions until otherwise notified.
- All sporting activities are suspended. Similarly, operations of sporting and recreational facilities including members' clubs are suspended until it is otherwise directed.
- That the Judiciary, Law Enforcement, Remand and Correctional Facilities, the Director of Public Prosecutions, and other players and stakeholders in the criminal justice and civil justice systems are to take immediate action to eliminate nonessential physical contact or situations within their areas of mandate that may lead to crowding or propagation of the Disease.
- That all hospitals are directed to limit the number of visitors for hospitalized patients to two visitors per patient.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: