Shock as City Billionaire is arrested for stealing phones
Wonders will never End!
Ramesh Chandara Govind, is said to have stolen two Motorola phones valued at Sh55,520, from Land Force Security Company in July 2017 at Taj Mall area.
According to police, the businessman who had vowed not to spend more than Sh2 million in his campaigns is said to have obtained the phones from the firm’s director, Peter Kebaso, for use during the campaigns.
After the campaigns, Govind allegedly told the complainant that the phones got lost during the campaigns and that he should forget them and move on
Earlier on Govind had promised to return phones after the campaigns, but failed to do so. The Court was told that the billionaire was handed the phones on July 6, in the presence of security firm’s site.
According to The Standard, the complainant is said to have reported the matter to the police. wholater arrested Govind and charged him in court over the phones.
Govind was released on a Sh30,000 cash bail pending mentioning of the case on January 23 next year.
Another matter pitting the two has been set for January 28 in the High Court. In the case, Kebaso who is also a private investigator, has sued Govind for refusing to pay him Sh700,000 for services rendered.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: